- 16oz Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Chunky Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cups Vegan Margarine, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 bag vegan chocolate chips or chopped vegan chocolate
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1. Combine first 4 ingredients and roll into quarter sized balls. They should be somewhat firm so add more powdered sugar if needed. Then stick them in the freezer to help harden.
2. Melt the chocolate and shortening in the microwave. (Be careful not to overcook the chocolate, which doesn’t take too long. It is about 1.5- 2 minutes in the microwave )
3. Stick toothpicks in the peanut butter balls and dip them in the chocolate. Don’t cover them entirely. Gently shake off excess chocolate before placing the candy back on the wax paper. You want to leave a little bit of the peanut butter exposed on top so they look like Buckeyes (the state nut in Ohio).
4.Return balls to fridge to set the chocolate. Serve once candies are firm.