- 1/2 bag Dairy-Free chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Mix together the flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cocoa powder.
In a second bowl, blend butter and grated ginger with an electric mixer until fluffy. Blend in the brown sugar and then blend in the molasses.
Dissolve the baking soda in 1-1/2 teaspoons of boiling water in a small bowl and add to the wet mix. Beat in half of the dry mixture until combined and then beat in the other half until all is well combined. Hand mix in the chocolate chips.
Pat this all down flat on wax paper and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
Heat oven to 325° F. Hand roll dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the 1/4 cup granulated sugar to coat. Place on baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until the surface cracks. Cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!