- 1 15 oz. Can of Pinto Beans with liquid
- 1 Tbl Water
- 1/2 Tbl Cornstarch
- 1/4 C vegan Ketchup
- 1/4 C vegan Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbl White Vinegar
- 2 tsp Onion minced
- 1 tsp Bacos plus more for garnishor other vegan bacon-flavored bits, optional
- 1/4 tsp Dry Mustard Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the entire contents of one 15 oz. can of pinto beans with its juices into a covered baking dish.
- Combine water with the cornstarch in a small bowl and stir until dissolved. Stir this mixture into the beans.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to this mixture and stir until well incorporated.
- Cover the dish and bake for 90 minutes (yes, 90 minutes) stirring at least every 30 minutes. It will reduce and thicken substantially.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes after removing from the oven prior to serving.
- This recipe can easily be doubled. Makes about four 1/2 Cup servings.
Recipe by The Veg Life.