- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- 2 cups frozen tofu chunks, thawed
- 2 heads broccoli
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ c rice wine
- 3 Tbsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2″ fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- In a skillet over high heat, fry tofu in peanut oil, seasoning with tamari, until browned. Set aside.
- Steam broccoli until it’s bright green and tender. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together water and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together cooking wine, tamari, sugar and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and tofu; toss until coated with oil.
- Pour wine mixture down side of pan and toss again.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture again until smooth and add to wok, stirring to combine.
- Cook, uncovered, another 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately, over rice or alone.
Recipe by Hell Yeah It’s Vegan.