- 8 medium ears fresh sweet corn, with husks
- 3/4 cup unsalted raw cashews, soaked overnight (or quick-soaked in boiling water for 45 minutes)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance® Original Buttery Spread
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium and place corn in a large bowl and cover with cool water for 10-20 minutes. This will help keep the husks from burning.
- When grill is hot, place ears of unhusked corn directly on the grate and cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cooking the corn in the husks first allows the kernels to cook without burning.
- While corn is cooking, prepare aioli sauce by placing drained cashews in the bowl of a food processor with water, Earth Balance® Original Buttery Spread, maple syrup, lime juice, salt, pepper, hot sauce, spices and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove husks from corn and return to grill, cooking and rotating until all sides of the corn are a deep golden brown.
- Remove from grill and drizzle with aioli. Serve with additional lime wedges, red pepper flakes and fresh cilantro.
EARTH BALANCE® foods are a product of Conagra Brands, Inc., used with permission.