Recipe By VegAnnie
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 2.5 pounds – makes about 3.5 cups)
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
Note: Nutrition facts will vary depending on which brand you use – the brand I use contains 35 calories per half-cup.
- If using microwave (I suggest this method if you are feeling lazy/starving), cut spaghetti squash in half. Add a little bit of water to a large plate, and place the spaghetti squash halves face-down in the water (it’s ok if they don’t fit flush against the plate – it will still work!). Microwave for 10-15 minutes, or until inside is soft. Note: If using the oven, preheat to 400F and line a cake pan with aluminum foil. Pierce spaghetti squash all over with a knife and bake for an hour.
- Let cool, and scoop out the seeds.
- Use a fork to loosen the spaghetti strands. I like to add marinara and eat it straight out of the shell but feel free to remove the spaghetti strands from the shell and enjoy in a bowl like a normal person.
About The Author: Vegan Action
More posts by Vegan Action