by Paige Baxter
I learned about Dr. Bronner’s a few years ago after my dad introduced it to me. “I used it for everything when I was traveling,” he said. My dad explained that he used Dr. Bronner’s for body wash, shampoo and to wash his clothes. At first, I thought it was a little strange that he used the same product to wash his whole body plus his clothes.
But as the more I became interested in natural products, I warmed up to the thought of using Dr. Bronner’s for more than one thing.
Here are just some of the many ways you can use this magical Certified Vegan product:
- Laundry — Combine 1/3 to 1/2 cup soap with 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle. Use the Lavender or Citrus scented soap for a fresh smell!
- Face Wash — Add 2 to 3 drops to your hands and mix with a drop of water. Apply to wet face.
- Body Wash — Apply one squirt to your wet hands and wash your body.
- Hand Soap — Fill a soap jar with 1/2 -1 cup of soap and then fill the rest with water.
- Shaving — Use 10 drops of soap with water to shave your face; Dilute 3 drops of soap with water to shave your armpits; Use 1/2 teaspoon of soap to shave your legs. Before you begin shaving, lather soap in your wet hands and then apply to your body.
- Dishes — Combine 1 part soap with 10 parts water in a reusable container. Add a few drops of lemon essential oil to make dishes extra clean and fresh. This is meant for hand washing dishes only.
- Toilet Cleaner — Before cleaning, dilute 1 part soap to 4 parts water in a reusable squirt bottle. Add some tea tree or lemon essential oil. Squirt mixture into bowl and add a sprinkle of baking soda on your cleaning brush. Scrub bowl and then let it sit. Flush bowl.
By now you’ve probably learned that Dr. Bronner’s can be used for almost anything! We hope you enjoy these little life hacks.