Apple Potato Curry Winter SoupNovember 21, 2015 in Blog Posts, Recipes
- 3 tbsp chopped ginger
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seed
- 5 cubed potatoes
- 3 chopped carrots
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 1-2 cups liquid vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 peeled and chopped apples
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sauté chopped ginger, garlic, onion and mustard seeds for 3-5 minutes. Add the potatoes, carrots and lentils into the pan and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add enough vegetable stock to cover the vegetables and simmer until soft.
- Puree in a blender adding water or vegetable stock until thick and soupy.
- Blend in the dry spices and sweetener.
- Add apple chunks and fresh cilantro and serve.