Recipe + Photos by April Viar
Quiche for vegans has come so far. This simple recipe using Just Egg and Certified Vegan Omni Pork is easy to prepare and it makes two quiches. Plus it’s perfect for brunch.
- 1 bag of Certified Vegan Omni Pork
- 2 vegan pie shells
- 2 containers of Just Egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced for toppings
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Cheddar Shreds
- If using a frozen pie crust, follow the directions on the package to par-bake the crust for the quiche. This will help your crust to be flaky and not undercooked.
- Once the pre-baked shells are ready, set to the side and preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Pan fry the Certified Vegan Omni Pork on medium heat per the directions on the package. Once cooked, you will need to dice it into small pieces and set to the side.
- In that same pan, on low heat add olive oil, onions and spices. Saute for 5 minutes, then add the 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes. Continue to cook for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Place both pre-baked pie shells on one sheet pan. Take half of your onion, tomato and Omni Pork toppings and evenly distribute the first layer into both crusts.
- Pour 1/2 container of Just Egg in each shell. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of vegan cheddar shreds on top of each pie. Distribute the rest of the ingredients and pour the remaining Just Egg over each one.
- Add slices of cherry tomatoes on top for garnish.
- Place the sheet pan with both quiches on the middle rack in the oven and bake at 375 F for 40 to 45 minutes, checking to make sure the middle is set.
- Let the quiche cool for 15 minutes before serving.
You can add an array of ingredients to a quiche. Get creative and have fun!