A favorite from the classic How It All Vegan by Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kram.
Makes 6 large muffins.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sweetener (sugar, agave, or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 1/2 cups apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (the real thing)
- 1 banana
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a blender or food processor, blend the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet into the dry ingredients by lightly folding until “just mixed”.
- Scoop the mix into lightly oiled muffin tins and bake for 20-30 minutes, use a fork or toothpick to see if done.