- 2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 250g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons corn flour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil 100g, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar OR coconut sugar 200g
- 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce 63g
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips175g
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
Whisk together the coconut oil and sugar until combined. Add the applesauce, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. The dough may be a little crumbly, but you should be able to bring it together with your hands.
Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, and place onto the prepared baking tray. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Marsha’s Baking Addiction