By Yhanni Guadalupe-Butcher, A Bohemian Vegan
1 Head of Cauliflower
½ tsp Onion powder
½ tsp Garlic
½ tsp Cayenne pepper
½ tsp Old bay
½ tsp Pepper
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Chipotle pepper
¼ tsp Rosemary
¼ tsp Thyme
¼ tsp Paprika
1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
1 cup Flour
1 tbsp Cornstarch
½ cup Buffalo Sauce
½ cup Dairy free alternative milk (I used Rice Milk)
1-2 cups Oil (depending on the pan side)
- Cut your cauliflower into florets shaped pieces
- Mix your dry ingredients into one bowl and your wet ingredients into another.
- Heat your oil to 350 degrees at a medium high heat.
- To coat the cauliflower, I like to do the double dip method that my family liked to do with their fried foods.In order to do this you need to choose one hand to be dedicated to the wet bowl and the other to the dry bowl. Then dip your cauliflower floret into the wet bowl and then the coat the floret in the dry bowl. Repeat this process once more wet mixture to dry mixture, and place in your pan with oil
- Cook your florets until golden brown and place on a plate with two paper towels on it to help dry the excess oil
Then simply enjoy!
We like to make an additional spicy ranch sauce! To do this you just use dairy free ranch (our favorite brand here) and mix it with hot sauce or Buffalo sauce. This will most definitely kick up the heat on your cauliflower, which is a great extra enhancement to the flavor. Though you can also just dip ranch in your florets as well!