By Katelyn Chisholm
What You’ll Need
1 13.5 oz can of coconut cream (I use Whole Foods 365 Organic Coconut Cream)
2 probiotic capsules (I use Mega Foods Digestive Health)
- Put coconut cream in a non-metal container and whisk until smooth. Remove metal whisk.
- Pop open and pour in two probiotic capsules. Stir to combine with a non-metal utensil.
- Cover with cloth or a paper towel.
- Let sit for 1-4 days, stirring and tasting each day until desired tanginess is achieved. I like mine right at 3.5 days.
- When ready, transfer to individual portioned jars and refrigerate.
- Enjoy within the next 5-7 or so days.
- Probiotic Options – This recipe uses Certified Vegan Mega Food Digestive Health, but there are loads of options out there including Certified Vegan Trust Your Gut probiotic capsules by Ora Organic. Keep in mind that not all probiotics may work in the same way, so we highly recommend testing and experimenting with your preferred brands in the kitchen.
- Flavor Additions – This recipe is a great base for any flavorings you might want to add. Some flavors I like to add when I am ready to eat are maca powder, cinnamon, maple syrup, dark chocolate, berries, granola, etc.
Recipe inspired by this recipe on Minimalist Baker.