Recipe + Photos by April Viar
No bake pretzel bars made with Real Food From The Ground Up’s Certified Vegan Cauliflower Pretzels Twists are so good. The bars are gooey and crunchy all in one bite! Plus they make a great snack option when you are on the go.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup of vegan butter
- 1 cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of Certified Vegan Real Food From The Ground Up Cauliflower Pretzels Twists
- Line a 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper, let it hang over the sides because this will help with removing the bars from the pan.
- In a large saucepan on medium low heat, melt the butter and then add the brown sugar. Stir until the sugar has melted. Add the vanilla extract and peanut butter. Stir until combined.
- Slowly mix in the rolled oats until they are covered with the mixture and cook on low for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to mix all the ingredients together. Remove from heat.
- Take half of the oat mix and firmly press into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Layer 1/2 cup of whole pretzels on top of the pressed oat mixture.
- Take 1 cup of the pretzels and break apart into smaller pieces, by hand. Mix them into the remaining peanut butter oat mixture, set to the side.
- Melt the chocolate either using the double boiler method or placing chocolate in a microwave safe dish. If going the microwave route, heat for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate evenly to cover the pretzels and peanut butter oat mixture. Save a little bit of chocolate to add as a drizzle on top at the end.
- Crumble the remaining oat pretzels mixture over the chocolate layer. Drizzle the reserved chocolate on top.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup of pretzels on top as the last layer.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight until the mixture has set. When ready, slice into squares and serve.
When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, the bars should last for up to seven days.