Sometimes you may not want to be adventurous and take your chances on whether a burger is good or not, so that’s where we come in. We’ve tried them and we will let you know our honest to goodness opinion.
Here are our Top 5 favorites (in no particular order) in Richmond, Virginia.
- Go Go Vegan Go’s, Hoppe Chez Burger comes with the fixings and has no issues with making you want to eat only this burger for the rest of your life. The cheese is gooey and creamy while the patty is cooked just right.
- The Lutherburger is a Beyond Burger with Lettuce, Tomato, and a delicious aioli in between two VEGAN donuts. Do we really need to say anymore than that? You can also add cheese and bacon to make it even more insanely good!
- Kregger At Hand’s, The Wrangler is a Beyond Burger topped with BBQ jackfruit. Oh my is it good! Plus it’ll leave your omnivore friends never guessing where you got your protein from.
- Red Lentil Burger at Harrison Street Café is a house made curried, protein-packed burger topped with the usual suspects and a tasty curried veganaise on a toasted bun. Flavorful, crispy healthy burger option, says Krissi Vandenberg, executive director at Vegan Action.
- If you’re a fan of spicy, the Vegan Keen-Wah Burger at Boulevard Burger and Brew is the one to get. The healthiness is masked with a vegan fried onion ring and siracha and vegan mayo. I’m telling you this burger is delicious! Add a side of tots or fries for an extra charge to make it a full meal.