Do you need the perfect, easy lunch idea or a scrumptious snack to bring to a party? This recipe is ideal for either or both!
For the cream cheese filling:
- 8 oz (226.8 g) firm tofu , lightly squeezed to remove excess flowing water, sliced, (see notes for soyfree)
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup (37.25 g) finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup (37.25 g) finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (25 g) chopped spring onion
- 1/4 cup (59.15 g) finely chopped sun-dried tomato , dry , not packed in oil
- 1/2 cup (15 g) baby spinach or basil or other fresh herbs
- 2 large tortillas , gluten-free if needed (see notes for recipe for my gluten-free tortillas)
Squeeze the tofu between paper towels to remove the excess water and slice. Add the cream cheese ingredients in a small food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Taste and adjust flavor (salt, tang, add a pinch of sugar to balance if needed)
Add the peppers, onion and sun dried tomato and mix. Chill for 15 mins.
Spread the mixture on 2 large tortillas, spread evenly, not more than 1/4 inch thick.
Add baby spinach or fresh herbs on top. Roll the tortillas tightly, use a little cream cheese to seal the ends. Chill for atleast 2 hours so that the cream cheese can get stiff and the rolls ups can be sliced easily. Slice with a sharp serrated knife. Serve cold.
These pinwheels can also be served pan-fried. Lightly dust flour on both sides and pan fry until golden and serve. (This is how hubbs ate all)
Recipe by Vegan Richa.