Photos + Recipe by April Viar
Tater tots, potato puffs, or potato croquette, whatever you may call them, crispy hot tots are delicious. This recipe is the perfect way to elevate tots into a savory, crunchy snack. I was so excited to find Truffs White Truffle Oil, which is Certified Vegan. The tater tots combined with truffle oil, scallions and spices is the perfect balance of flavor to make any truffle fan happy.
- 1 tbsp Truff’s White Truffle Oil
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 scallion, diced
- Pinch of salt
- Cook your frozen tater tots per directions on the bag.
- While cooking add onion powder, garlic powder and cracked black pepper to a small bowl and mix thoroughly and set to the side. When the tots are finished cooking, add them to a large bowl and sprinkle the dry spices all over the tots. Toss them around so every tot is covered.
- Next drizzle the Certified Vegan Truff White Truffle Oil all over the tots. Add your sliced scallions and toss all ingredients together, until the spices and oil have absorbed into the tots. Add a pinch of salt and serve. Enjoy!
I absolutely love truffle oil, if you do as well, feel free to add a little more to this dish. A pinch of salt really makes it pop.