Recipe + Photos by April Viar
I really enjoyed veganizing this classic southern dish. The creaminess of the Certified Vegan Oatly Chive & Onion Cream Cheese and the tang of the pimientos are a wonderful combination. Vegan Pimento Cheese can be served with crackers, topped on a vegan burger or my favorite vegan toasted pimento cheese bread. (pictured on the right) Absolutely delicious.
- 8 oz Certified Vegan Oatly Chive & Onion Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Follow Your Heart vegenaise
- 7 oz bag of Chao Creamy Original Shreds
- 8 oz bag of Violife Cheddar Shreds
- 4 oz jar pimientos, drained
- 2 scallions diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- One of my tricks when working with vegan cheese is to add the cheese to a food processor, pulse a couple times to break the shreds into smaller pieces. Smaller pieces help with melting and when adding cheese to dips etc. If you have a food processor, I highly recommend doing this.
- Grab a large bowl and add all of the ingredients. Combine until everything is mixed thoroughly to a creamy consistency. Serve right away or refrigerate the pimento cheese for 20 minutes so the flavors can mingle.