Photo and Recipe By Katelyn Chisholm
This recipe is super easy but super delicious. The best part is that it can be customized for anyone! What I have below is how I like to do it, but any parts can be changed.
- 1 Cup – Short Grain Brown Rice
- 8 oz Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1 Can Chickpeas – Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Small White Onion – Diced
- 1-2 Tbsps Olive Oil
- Spices – Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Onion
- 1-2 Tbsps Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Heads Romaine – Chopped
- Truff Hot Sauce
- Chosen Foods Lemon Garlic Salad Dressing
- 2-3 Tablespoons Violife Vegan Feta – Crumbled
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the brown rice. Typically I use a 2:1 ratio (water:rice), but check package instructions for this.
- Roast frozen broccoli. Spread frozen broccoli on a baking sheet and sprinkle with ½ of your olive oil, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast. Roast for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Fresh broccoli can be used as well, less baking time may be needed.
- While rice and broccoli are cooking sauté chickpeas and onion. Warm the remaining olive oil in a pan over medium-medium/high heat. Add your onion and let cook a couple minutes until fragrant. Add the chickpeas and spices of choice (salt, pepper, onion, garlic, chili, etc.) Add enough spices to lightly coat the chickpeas. Cook for about 10 minutes or until chickpeas start to crisp and onion become translucent and soft.
- Once all ingredients are prepped assemble your bowl!
- Brown Rice
- A few dashes of Truff Hot Sauce
- Chickpea/Onion Mixture
- Drizzle of Chosen Foods Lemon Garlic Salad Dressing
- Topped with Violife Feta
Tips and Tricks
- This recipe roughly makes 2 bowls.
- Any of these components can be swapped out! I typically like to start with a green and a grain then layer in veggies and flavors.
- All cooked components can be cooked ahead of time and kept in the fridge for up to a week.