Recipe and Photos by Katelyn Chisholm
Start your morning off on the right foot with this easy, tasty and nutritional smoothie. This recipe makes two 12-ounce smoothies, so you’ll even have enough to save and pop in the fridge for the next day.
- 1 frozen banana*
- 1-2 giant handfuls of frozen spinach**
- 1 cup frozen berries (can also use peaches, pineapple, acai, dragonfruit, anything!)
- 1.5 cups coconut milk (can also use almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, juice, water, etc.)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 tsp green vitamin powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter (can also use any nut or seed butter)
Blend until smooth. I usually add 1-2 tbsp of hot water if my blender can’t power through all the frozen bits.
*I will often wait until my bananas are ripe then peel and freeze them.
**I will also buy a huge container of fresh spinach, put a paper towel in the container and freeze it upside down. The spinach will keep its shape but freeze into little chips. The paper towel catches any moisture as it freezes. Freezing both the bananas and the spinach will keep them good for months!