Recipe and Photo By Katelyn Chisholm
This cashew queso is a game changer! It is creamy, tangy, spicy, and very versatile! The queso is great to eat on nachos, burritos, baked potatoes, or pasta. It is also a great appetizer when paired with chips, salsa, and guac.
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 15-30 minutes and drained if not using a high-power blender)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 14 oz. Willy’s Medium Salsa or 14 oz. Willy’s Hot Salsa depending on your spice level preference
- Place all ingredients in a high-power blender and blend until smooth.
- That’s it! It honestly could not be easier!
- Okay, okay, one more optional step. Heat your queso on the stove or in the microwave before serving and enjoy!