Recipe + Photo by Katelyn Chisholm
Tangy, sweet, super flavorful! I love this recipe as a great side dish, appetizer, party snack, taco salad topper, etc.! The best part about it is that it is totally customizable based on your preferences! Below I have shared measurements that I prefer but if you like more spice, add more spice… not a tangy lime fan? Add less lime! Make it how you like it and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 oz fresh or frozen corn
- ½ teaspoon of each of the following: garlic powder, dried oregano and sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon of each of the following: smoked paprika, chili and cumin
- Juice of 1 lime, divided
- ½ cup of Sir Kensington’s Classic Vegan Mayo
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- Small handful of finely chopped cilantro
- Optional add-in ideas: jalapeño, green onions, vegan cotija cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium high heat.
- Add corn along with all spices and seasonings. Stir to evenly distribute.
- Cook until slightly charred, 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While corn is cooking, mix juice of ½ lime with Sir Kensington’s Classic Vegan Mayo in a medium bowl to create a dressing.
- Add red bell pepper and red onion to the dressing bowl.
- Once the corn has charred, stir in other ½ of lime juice and scrape the pan to incorporate any charred bits into the corn mixture. Turn off the heat when the lime juice has evaporated.
- Once the corn has cooled for a few minutes, add it to your dressing bowl and stir everything to combine.
- Lastly, stir in most of your cilantro, saving a bit for garnish on top.
- Allow to chill before serving.
About The Author: Vegan Action
More posts by Vegan Action