by EARTH BALANCE® foods of Conagra Brands, Inc.
- 15 small potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance® Original Buttery Spread, softened
- 1 14-ounce can Chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Garnish: smoked paprika, chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss halved potatoes with Earth Balance® Original Buttery Spread and place cut side up on tray. Bake for 40 minutes, until fork-tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Once cooled, scoop out a small section in the middle of the potatoes, reserving the scooped-out portion for later use.
- While potatoes are cooling, combine chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, dijon mustard, turmeric, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and tahini in a food processor, blending until smooth. Add scooped-out potato and blend again until smooth. Add water, a little at a time, to reach desired consistency.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe into the cavities in the Potatoes.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and chopped chives. Serve warm.
EARTH BALANCE® foods are a product of Conagra Brands, Inc., used with permission.
About The Author: Vegan Action
More posts by Vegan Action