Ingredients for Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 5-6 cups cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Pasta
- 1 box fettuccine noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1/2″ long pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, prepared
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets and boil until fork tender, approx. 8-12 minutes. After draining cauliflower, immediately bring another pot of fresh salted water to a boil to cook the pasta.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add minced garlic. Cook until translucent and set aside.
- Combine boiled cauliflower, sautéed garlic and olive oil, 1/2 of the vegetable broth, Silk Unsweetened Original Almondmilk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Adjust the consistency with the remaining vegetable broth (typically you should end up using all of the broth, but only add a little at a time and adjust in increments.) Set aside.
Pasta with Asparagus and Peas
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Do not rinse, immediately coat with sauce after cooking.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high. Add asparagus and garlic and cook until asparagus is tender. Add peas and season with salt and pepper. Combine cooked fettuccine noodles, vegetables, and sauce in a skillet. Top with fresh herbs and cracked pepper.
When blending the sauce, make sure to start with only half of the vegetable broth and add more in increments. It’s easy to adjust a sauce that’s too thick but much more difficult to correct a sauce that’s too thin.This dish reheats easily, just pop it in the microwave or heat it over medium on your stovetop.
Recipe by I Love Vegan