Photos + Recipe by April Viar
Growing up I used to love pasta nights. Pasta Marie was our favorite. I have veganized this classic family recipe for you to enjoy. The spiciness of the sausage mixed in with the sweetness of the sun dried tomatoes and sweet potatoes create the perfect balance. Hope you enjoy this as much as we have.
- 2 Hot Italian Beyond Sausage links cubed
- 8 oz bowtie pasta
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato strips
- 1 cup Certified Vegan Roots Farm Fresh Sweet Potato Croutons
- 1 tbsp Miyoko’s butter
- Black pepper & pink sea salt to taste
- First get your water boiling (see box for amount). When the water starts boiling, throw in the pasta and cook to directions on the box (each pasta usually has its own directions).
- Bring the pan up to medium heat and add the cubed Beyond Sausage, (the sausage will create its own grease) get it a bit crispy and browned then add the onions and Certified Vegan Roots Farm Fresh Sweet Potato Croutons.
- Cover and simmer until onions and sweet potatoes are softening.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and simmer until all ingredients are slightly caramelized.
- When the pasta is finished, drain, add Miyoko’s butter and toss with all ingredients and serve.
You can also use a little olive oil if it’s too dry for you. Add black pepper, pink sea salt and cracked red pepper to taste and enjoy. This Pasta Marie recipe makes two large servings. If served with a salad and bread you could probably make four servings or you can just eat it all by yourself and you do not have to share.