Recipe + Photos by April Viar
Do you like dill? If so, this recipe is for you! Potato salad is not just for the summer time.
This is a savory, crunchy, roasted potato salad with a creamy dill dressing. The perfect side to any entree. So easy to make. For convenience in this recipe I used an air fryer.
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup of Certified Vegan Hellmann’s Vegan Dressing and Spread
- 2 tbsp of sliced red onions
- 2 tbsp sliced celery
- 1 tsp dill weed (fresh dill weed is even better)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp capers w/ brine
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F and set the time for 20 minutes.
- Add your diced potatoes to a large bowl and pour in the olive oil. Mix until you have a thin coating on the potatoes.
- When the air fryer is preheated add your potatoes evenly to your basket. Do not forget to shake them half way through, around the 10 min mark. To get the crispy all over.
- While the potatoes are cooking. Add your Certified Vegan Hellmann’s Dressing and Spread, dill weed, onion powder, garlic powder and capers to a bowl and thoroughly mix. Then combine the red onions and celery. Set to the side.
- When the potatoes have finished cooking, spread them out onto a sheet pan and let them cool for 10 mins.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, add them to the bowl with the dressing and mix them together till the potatoes are covered.
Serve your potato salad right away or if you prefer a chilled salad set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
When serving, I like to top my ‘Really Dilly’ roasted potato salad with salt, red pepper flakes and of course more dill. Enjoy! 🙂