Photos + Recipe by April Viar
This breakfast burrito roll-up is super easy to make, tasty and packed with nutrients. Plus, the chia seeds add great texture and nutrition.
One burrito cut in half served with potatoes is the just right amount for a delicious breakfast. Or if you are on the go, this burrito wrapped up is the perfect snack.
* 1/3 cup of Just Egg
* half of white onion, diced
* 1/2 tsp olive oil
* 1 tsp chia seeds
* 1 tsp of nutritional yeast
* 1/2 tsp garlic powder
* 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
* 1 large 10-inch tortilla
- Add olive oil to a 10-inch non-stick pan.
- Throw in your diced onions, cook on medium low.
- When your onions are lightly sautéed and translucent, pour in your Just Egg. You want the vegan egg to cover the whole bottom of the pan in a circle.
- Sprinkle the chia seeds, garlic powder and nutritional yeast all over the mix. Cover with a lid for a couple minutes. Checking periodically that the bottom is not sticking. (You are kinda going for the omelet look before it is folded.)You want the bottom to be slightly golden and crispy.
- Add your cheese, cover and let it melt. At this time you can turn the burner off, while the cheese melts so you do not burn the bottom.
- Warm up your flour tortilla in a pan, flipping it over a couple times, so it’s pliable.
- Add your tortilla to a plate and carefully slide your round vegan egg onto the middle of the tortilla.
- Start from one side and roll up the tortilla and the filling till you have formed one long burrito.
- Cut in the middle and add your favorite toppings.
Make this a fun brunch and serve with a side of air-fried potatoes.Top your breakfast burrito roll with salsa, sour cream and sriracha.
I am a big fan of salsa. Check out my salsa recipe. The filling cooks super fast so you could easily prepare a couple of them in a short time frame to share with friends and family or to enjoy on your own!