Recipe + Photos by April Viar
I love how flavorful this salsa is. Bonus, all the ingredients are thrown into one container, blended and ready to go. I prefer my salsa to have a lot of flavor and spice. This salsa is great with chips and superior served on your favorite savory dishes. This recipe makes about five cups of salsa, which is perfect because you have enough for dipping and adding it into other dishes.
Servings: 5 cups
- 2 cans of fire roasted diced garlic tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 large sweet white onion
- 1 small lime
- 1 bunch of cilantro (leaves and stems)
- Roughly chop up the sweet onion, jalapeňos, cilantro and garlic. Toss into the food processor.
- Add the two cans of tomatoes and blend everything to a puree.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the salsa and blend one more time till the juice is all mixed in.
If you are not a big fan of spice, feel free to cut back on the jalapeňo and garlic cloves. To jazz it up, add a pinch of salt.