Everyone’s second favorite pasta sauce!
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (about 0.7 oz or 20 g), large stems removed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (4 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (raw or toasted)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Dash of salt
- Dash of ground black pepper
Add all the ingredients to a bowl and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. You can also use a food processor (or even a regular blender) instead, but I prefer to use an immersion blender because it’s easier to clean.
Serve immediately or keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days. Pesto is delicious on bread, or with pasta, rice, potatoes, etc.
Recipe by Simple Vegan Blog.