- 1 cup Earth Balance® Soy Free Buttery Spread (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed blended with 2-1/2 tablespoons water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons Earth Balance® Original Buttery Spread, room temperature
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond milk or other plant-based milk
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the Earth Balance and sugar and beat on medium-high until well combined, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add flax egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla, mixing until combined. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, mixing until combined. Mix in pumpkin and flour.
- Drop by tablespoon-full on cookie sheets and bake 9 to 10 minutes or until top is set. Cool on wire racks.
- For the frosting beat together the Earth Balance spread, brown sugar and remaining vanilla until smooth. Add powdered sugar and milk, mixing until light & fluffy – if it’s too dry, add more milk a little at a time to reach desired consistency; or if it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Spread frosting on cookies, sprinkle with cinnamon.
EARTH BALANCE® foods are a product of Conagra Brands, Inc., used with permission.