Recipe + Photo by April Viar
- 4 slices of Sourdough bread
- 1 block of Extra Firm Nasoya Tofu
- 1 Tomato
- 2 tbsp Truffle Mayo
- 1 cup of Arugula
- 1 Onion
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 1 tsp Miyoko’s vegan butter
- 1/2 a cup Cheddar Style Shreds by So Delicious
- Slice tofu block with potato peeler longwise. If needed, rotate tofu to peel from a different side.
- Slice up onion.
- Add tsp of olive oil to the pan. Then pan fry tofu pieces. In another pan, sauté sliced onions and yellow peppers together.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, and once the tofu shavings are crisp, add the peppers and onions on top.
- Add cheese and a splash of water and cover with a lid until cheese is melted to your liking. *Optional: Add butter and toast your bread if you like it crispy.
- Spread the truffle mayo on both sides, and add thinly sliced tomatoes and baby arugula. Top with the mixture of tofu, onions, yellow peppers and cheese and enjoy