15 ounces super firm tofu, pressed and diced into 1-inch squares
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 red onion
1 tablespoon high heat oil
2 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce)
1 tablespoon arrowroot (or cornstarch)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4-6 wooden skewers
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
1 cup dry quinoa, cooked
1 teaspoon olive oil
juice of 2 limes
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
serving suggestions: chips and salsa, guacamole or avocado
- Start by preheating the oven to 400°F and then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the tofu in a large bowl with the oil, tamari (or soy sauce), arrowroot and remaining spices then stir together until all of the tofu is evenly coated. Spread the tofu out on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, stirring half way through cooking time. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the tofu is cooking, core the peppers and then cut them and the onion into 1 and 1/2” pieces. Toss them in the remaining oil and spices from the tofu. Add a little more oil, tamari and spices if needed.
- Layer the vegetables and tofu onto each skewer then place them back on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for another 20 minutes, rotating half way through the cooking time. Alternatively, you can grill them for 4-5 minutes on each side instead of baking.
- Meanwhile, combine the cooked quinoa with olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and salt in a medium-size bowl and stir together.
- Serve warm kabobs with cilantro lime quinoa, salsa + avocado or guacamole and enjoy!
Recipe by Making Thyme For My Health.